15 January 2010

Planters

After the coldest spell of weather for 30 years this January, we are all counting the cost. This morning I noticed that one of my terracotta Planters is disintegrating around the rim, and looking very sorry for itself. Of course we all know that a soft material like this is vulnerable to damage by frost and snow, and it really is not a great choice for use in an Outdoor Planter. When we had the chance to buy some new Decorative Planters after moving house last year I chose the lead imitation versions, which are made from a synthetic material. To me they look almost as good as traditional Versailles planter, with two important differences. First the cost and second, the weight. The new ones are much lighter and easier to move round the garden. I think they look great, and so far they have stood up to the bad weather.