06 March 2007

Agloco Toolbar by Easter?

There is till no exact date for release of the Agloco toolbar. I checked the company website today and this is the latest news:
'I know that the Viewbar will not be released in the first half of March. Our tech lead flew to Shanghai this morning to work directly with our six engineers there. I’ll give you more of an update when I hear back from him. Regarding your comments about giving an exact date for the Viewbar release: I cannot give an exact date. Again, a few weeks ago I posted about our plan for a March release, and we have also posted various notes including ‘scheduled for a Spring release’ and ‘coming in a few weeks’ (that last one has been up for a few weeks). The March target, and all the dates we have projected for the Viewbar release, have been based solely upon our Engineers’ best estimates. I have asked our head techie for a firmer date, but he hasn’t given one to me. If I press him, he can give me an estimate, but he cannot be sure. Anyone who has worked with software engineers knows that they don’t like giving estimates because they know problems come up all the time in software development. For instance, we could give you an exact date only to get a bug in the last day of QA that would blow up that date. When we started the Viewbar software we had one engineer working on it. We now have six. We have incentive - we know that the Viewbar release is the real launch of AGLOCO.'
Well I think the rest of us already worked that last point out!! There are 25 days left in March and I do like a bet occasionally as you will see from this blog. If I were to place a bet online regarding the chances of seeing the viewbar in March I think I would 'lay' - bet that it won't happen .....

Tags:,, , ,, , , ,, , ,,,

Labels: